I've been writing about somewhat heavy stuff lately, so I'm going to intersperse it with a little fluffy post with totally useless information about yours truly. And music.
My favourite songs to be sad/cry to
(I'm a sad girl, and so I really like sad music. Just how it goes):
1. Breakable Girls and Boys - Ingrid Michaelson (okay, pretty much anything by Ingrid Michaelson. She writes the best music to cry to. For real. Hands down.)
2. Driving North - Chris Pureka (fucking haunting, this one. She's like a folkier Stevie Nicks).
3. Clouds - Joni Mitchell
4. The Scientist - Coldplay
5. Falling or Flying - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
6. Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
7. Landslide - Dixie Chicks or Fleetwood Mac versions
My favourite songs that remind how fucking great my life is:
1. How Lucky We Are - Meiko
2. Fidelity- Regina Spektor
3. My Life Would Suck Without You - K.C. or Glee version
4. All this Beauty - The Weepies
5. Precious Heart - Veda Hille
6. A Case of You - Joni Mitchell or k.d. lang version
7. The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas
Favourite Tongue-in-cheeky song:
1. The Fear - Lily Allen
#1 Cover that make me love a song even though I hated the original:
1. Obadiah Parker's version of Hey Ya (originally done by K-OS)
My favourite cleaning music:
Motown - Always. Always. Always. It is very difficult to really loathe what you are doing if you are singing "What choo want, baby I got it!/What chooooo need, you know I got it!" Try it and see if I'm right...
My Favourite Guilty Pleasures:
1. Kelly Clarkson
3. Adam Lambert. Yes. Glambert. That's right.
4. Cold Play
5. Bon Jovi (I can woman-up and admit it).
6. Any boy with a good falsetto. Yum.
Music That Really Makes Me Want to Shoot Myself:
(Okay, I dislike lots of other top 40 artists. But old Nickelback is the worst. And when you live in Alberta and your son stuck quarters in the cd player, rendering it useless, one hears A LOT of Nickelback. Secretly, I fear that hearing it so much will make me start to like it, and that makes me want to shoot myself even more.)