Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wednesday Poem - On The Edge (Audre Lorde)

Hey y'all.  Experiencing some technical difficulties in the form of some blog-xiety (it's a word in my world). So am gonna take a wee breather and I'll be back in a bit. :)

Anyhoo - here's a Wednesday poem of gorgeousness. On a Tuesday night, as per usual.


On The Edge

A blade in the bed of a child
will slice up nightmares
into simpler hungers.

But a knife is a dangerous gift
girl brave enough to be crazy
you may never read this poem again
so commit it          like sin
or a promise          to the place
where poetry arms your beauty
with a hundred knives
some mined in the hills above Whydah
for a good-looking Creek
on the run.

The rhythms of your long body
do not yet move in my blood
but the first full moon of this year
is a void of course moon
I dream         I am precious rock
touching       the edge of you
that needs
the moon's loving.


Lorde, Audre. Our Dead Behind Us: Poems. London: Norton, 1986.

1 comment:

  1. If your tween is into paint-ball you can take everyone to play
    paint-ball. This was zero cost because the students went to local stores and asked for
    either donations and gift cards to purchase these items.
    I hope you have fun planing a birthday party for your tween,
    I hope my birthday party ideas for tween's helped you.

    Also visit my web site; best credit cards

    ReplyDelete