Monday, August 15, 2011

Fake it til you make it

I currently studiously applying makeup while ignoring my children who are screaming at me and the neighborhood (and possibly the next one over.). In their defense, they are tired after a weekend of possibly too much fun. In any event - the whining, screaming, squabbling of these little loved of mine has worn me down. Down down. It's 1:30 and I'm fresh out. I've tried ignoring. I've tried having a run and letting TV babysit. I've tried walking around singing 'I wanna be sedated' at the top of my lungs. Nothin' doin'. Next, I am tasked with taking the children for groceries and haircuts. I know, right? You totally wish you were me. Anyhoo - I've now moved into fake it til you make it mode. Hair done? Check. Fancy clothes? Check. A little bling? Check. Right shade of lipstick? Check. Heels? Check.

Now - the kids'll probably still make a scene. Like I said, they're tired. But maybe this way, instead of getting the 'that mom didn't raise her kids right' evil eye, someone will think 'look at that poor nanny. Someone oughta give her a raise'.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment