Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

I'm a lousy housekeeper, which I think has already been well-documented here. I hate it. It hates me. Also - I'm lazy. And do I tend to wait until the house is oppressing me to do anything about it. And yesterday, because I couldn't stand it anymore, I spent 3/4 hour scouring the kitchen and listening to Motown (the latter of which I find it next to impossible to be grumpy whilst listening to) while the children seemingly happily played in the living room. This last bit should have been a warning to me. But apparently I missed that warning sign while feeling self-satisfied with my sort-of togetherness.

So now I am the proud owner of a sparkly clean kitchen AND an ottoman and chair that have been 'artified' with swirls of brown (mostly washable) marker.

Enter reason #657 why I am, and will steadfastly remain, a shitty housekeeper.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. More and more funny!! I thought I was the only one who used the phrase, my house is oppressing me. I am comforted to know otherwise.

    Yours in shitty housekeeping,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete