1. I hate the telephone and avoid it like the plague. I know this doesn't really win me friends. I just can't bring myself to pick up the phone and call. Hate the phone. Hate. Most people do not understand this.
2. I still harbour affection for Bon Jovi. It's true. I do.
3. My favourite thing to do with the kids is "kitchen dance party" which is exactly what it sounds like. Boy-o can really bust a move (without a lick of rhythm, but still).
4. I speak fluent sarcasm, and I don't understand people who do not.
5. I'm not an optimist. Surprise!
6. I totally crave being alone, which is strange, because being alone was one of my least favourite things pre-kids (and one of my worst fears in this life).
7. I have a horrible time falling asleep at night because that's when I apparently think I should solve all the world's problems.
8. I really miss Winnipeg.
9. I really miss Halifax.
10. I am slowly starting to grow a bit fonder of Edmonton (but I still can't stand the redneckiness).
11. I make really yummy cakes. Mmmmmm buttercream.
12. My wife tells me I am very funny. If so, it is mostly accidental.
13. I have a difficult time with black and whiteness. It's grey. Almost always.
14. I used to love roadtrips, pre-kids. Now I loathe and dread them.
15. I really love weddings (because underneath all of this pessimism and sarcasm, I'm actually a bit of a romantic. How's that for confounding?). I would totally be a wedding planner if I wasn't absolutely certain that people would constantly piss me off with their complete and utter lack of imagination.
16. I wish I could take beautiful pictures. I have a few friends who should really be professional photographers, and I am so jealous because it's one of my favourite art mediums.
17. I'd like to be a rock star when I grow up. (Okay, maybe a singer-songwriter ;-)
18. I'm a total scaredycat, yet somehow seem to have spawned fearless children.
19. I have anxiety, um, issues and am generally convinced that 1) the other shoe is gonna drop anytime now, and 2) everyone probably hates me.
20. I'm totally still waffling on baby #3...because, as I'm sure everyone already knows, I am a total nutjob.