Saturday, September 18, 2010

separation anxiety

My kiddos and wifey's have just left to spend a morning with the out-laws (yes, this is a term of endearment :). 

I have the whole house to myself.  I can do anything I want.  I can savour the quiet and the total lack of commotion.  I can tackle the mess, which has reached the point of hideousness.  I can organize without sticky little fingers disorganizing right behind me.  I can head to the garden and get my fingers dirty without having to go on a wormhunt for Boy-o.  I can sit on my ass and drink coffee.  I could drag my tired ass on a run.  I could go back to bed and no one would wake me up.  I can blog guiltfree for as long as I want to and noone will tug at my sleeves or legs or heartstrings.

But first, I have to figure out a way to move past that too-familiar, crippling fear that I will never see them again. 

Anxiety sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Anxiety REALLY sucks. Oh yes yes yes.
    And only those of us who have been there get it... everyone else thinks we're crazy.

    Of course, maybe we are...

    The anxiety medication I've been taking since May has really, really helped me. When you are no longer nursing the small one, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Ami - the best people I know are nuts ;) But it does suck, doesn't it? I may quiz you on those meds once Girlio is done nursing (if she ever decides to be done!)

    ReplyDelete