Sunday, February 17, 2013

incanting gaily

There is this website. This website of total and complete wonderfulness. This website full of strength and survival and bravery. This website that you simply *must* go to. This website is -- Gay Incantations -- the creation of thinker/writer/performers Coral Short and Lucas Crawford.

Gay Incantations stems from Crawford and Short's realization that "Affirmations insist on positivity. Transing and queering are critical forces. They use negativity, refusal, resistance, and middle-fingering to clear space for new things. Our genderqueer lives depend on criticism, differences of opinion, and the constant trashing and mulching of the past and the present."

(I love love love this website. Moreover I need it. And the verbing of middle-fingering makes me feel almost as warm and fuzzy as the incantations themselves.)

Anyhoo - daily (as one may have already surmised) we are gifted with two incantations about living, surviving, believing in magic, making choices when it seems there are none. They note: "These incantations were created in times of urgency, friendship, depression, and struggle."

I love them all. I need them all. But so far I count amount my favourites:

25. I CHOOSE NOT TO LIMIT MYSELF TO WHAT WILL BE UNDERSTOOD BY OTHERS.
27. FAIL AT EVERYTHING. LOVE SELF ON DAYS THAT AREN’T MAGICAL.

and my so far all-time personal fave:

18. LET ME BREATHE FIRE FEARLESSLY WHEN I CHOOSE TO DO SO. QUEER DRAGON FLAMES.

There is this website. This website of total and complete wonderfulness. This website full of strength and survival and bravery. This website you simply *must* go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment