Monday, January 3, 2011

And in with the new...

The changing of the year is upon us once again.  And once again, I feel old as I realize - where the heck did that year go? 

It was full of milestones and adventures: Boy-o starting school, becoming so independent, turning four; Girlio launching into a walking, climbing, running, talking (in sentences!) little person of an 18 month old; a year of making new friends, attempting to build community, and continuing (and sometimes struggling) to try to find my way in Redneckville for L. and I. 

I wonder what 2011 will bring.  I wonder if I will be able to measure the coming year with a few more milestones of my own?  A new job?  More school?  Choosing a new path?  Choosing to stay on the same path?  Trying to freelance as a writer in earnest?   Continuing to try and find my 'zen place' as a stay-at-home mama (though truth-be-told, I"m not sure I own a zen-place, but who knows)?  Will we continue on our trajectory in Redneckville? 

No matter what the highs and lows of the coming year entail, it's sure to be a big old adventure.

Thanks to everyone for coming along the ride of 2010 with me - I hope you stick around for the next year :)

Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment