Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm still here...

Really, I swear.  Um, mostly.

Sorry I've been remiss in posting lately.  I am struggling a bit these days: up to the eyeballs in regular kidlet wrangling and household stuff (which I'm oh-so-good at...) + reintegrating my much-hated task of doing the school run and troubleshooting around Boy-o's difficulty with transition re: starting school and a new routine + researching (obsessively, and probably too much for this particular juncture of application writing, but that's just how I roll) + application writing (read: sad attempts at staring at a page and making tapping sounds on the keyboard without actually writing anything).  I am stressed out, filled with doubt, freaking lonely and bone-tired.  Really - if writing an application while carrying out my regular life tasks is this fucking tricky, then what cloud was I living on thinking I could actually, you know, take courses and stuff?  On the plus side - when I have time - I am really enjoying being able to nerd out and live in my head again.  Nice place to be, that head of mine, when it functions at a reasonable level.  

At any rate - I'm going to apply.  And if I don't get, I'm gonna go to work.  I sort of don't really even care doing what right now.  I just want to leave the house.  Wear pretty clothes.  And meet interesting people.  Maybe even interesting people who sorta think I'm interesting.  (Maybe a longshot, but I've been blowing on a lot of dandelions lately, so you never know).  Anyways - whether it be school or work - I am trying to remind myself that this at-home isolation is finite.

And that, dear readers, if you're still with me, is where I've been. 

I'll try to pop in more and write something resembling interesting soon. 

In the meantime, you should check out the neat link I'm going to post right after this, about CNN coverage of trans kids.  Kinda made me feel hopeful about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment