Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Too much Technolove

I am an addict. Let's just get that out of the way right up front. If you take away my IPhone or netbook or laptop (yes, I'm  spoiled addict), I will cease to exist. Okay - not literally. I'll still be here, chasing the rugrats and folding the laundry and whipping up dinner out of nothing in a whirlwind of my kids' musical stylings and arsenic hour complaints (holy crap - that is one aptly named hour).  But without my blog, and without facebook, I could go days without seeing or conversing with someone outside of the little family. You are going to have to take my word for it when I tell you that the aftermath of such wordly absences is not pretty.  Anyhow.  I use facebook and this blog to remind myself of that world outside of the four walls, I'm still around.  (Figuratively, at any rate).  

I wasn't quite aware of how badly dependant I was until the other day when I woke up to NO internet.  I looked at L., quite literally panic stricken, and conveyed with one mighty meaningful look- 'no way are you leaving me here without the my dose of the outside world!'

But my kids hate the computer (or at least the time I spend on it).  And I don't think my wifey is super keen on it either.  And they're probably right to feel that way.

So this week, since I seem to be falling right the hell apart anyways, I've gone off of facebook.  (Not my blog.  You can take any anything but this, folks.  This, I need.  As evidenced by the fact that yesterday was my first facebook-less day, and in between kid wrangling, fieldtrip supervising, and attempting to have a small breakdown, I've already written enough blog material to last until Armageddon). 

The goal is a week.  You can feel free to place your bets on how long I make it.  (Between you, me and the lamppost, I think it'll take a miracle to make it past Wednesday). 

So - on with the withdrawal....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I have had FB breaks a few times and recently gave it up for lent and was surprised how I didn't miss it. And in the meantime, I learned how to use Twitter which I love!!!! Try it!! Fun and not so laden like FB...

    ReplyDelete