Monday, April 4, 2011

a sick day musing

I wonder if it's too selfish to admit that I've rather enjoyed this morning home with my sick Girlio?  That in between cleaning up vomit, back patting, comforting, plying with Pedialyte, breastfeeding, I've managed to read (re-read, actually) an entire book* with her small, sick body sleeping on my lap?   That I haven't been able to do that in ages?  That it feels entirely decadent to be able to nurture us both at once?

I guess I'm saying it anyways.



*(and in case you were wondering, or even if you weren't, it was: Brazen Femme: Queering Femininity, eds. Chloe Brushwood Rose and Anna Camilleri, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2002.   Said compilation includes writing and artwork by some of the amazing gals behind the now defunct Toronto activist performance troupe, Pretty, Porky & Pissed Off.   Clever, clever girls, them.  Other good stuff too - but those are my faves.)

No comments:

Post a Comment